I know the summer isn’t over yet and we might have a wonderful (sunny and warm) August. But still, I can’t ignore the fact that it is the 4th of August today and the fall is sneaking upon us, little by little each day.
I know many aren’t looking forward to days with rain and wind and a temp closer zero degree celcius each day. I am too one of those. Summer is lovely and so is winter with the cold weather and snow. But the fall? I hate those gloomy days when it does nothing else than rain.
But why be so neative?
Here is 8 reasons to look forward to fall:
- You can cuddle up under a blanket and see a movie (without feeling quilty and thinking you should be outside in the sun (like in the summerdays)).
- The colors! The fall is so beautiful to photograph.
- If you have kids, you can pick a bunch of leafs and make art out of it. Like glu them to a pice of white paper or place them under the white paper and draw ontop so you get the outline of the leaf on the paper.
- Pick berries in the forrest. If you life near a forrest that is.
- You can start on a indoor project without worrying about the outdoor project you should’ve been doing.
- Light lots of candles. When the fall comes it gets darker and the candle lights can be brought out again.
- Read a good book while listening to the rain / wind outside.
- Did I mentioned the colors?! The colors are worth mentoning twice!
I have a few things planned when the rainy/cold days sets in already. And that is:
- paint my skirtings in my entire apartment white. They are now pinewood and I hate it. Absolutely hate pinewood. Ugh.
- Sow myself some duvet cover and pillowcase. Not done it before, but I’m gonna try. Will be fun. Gonna borrow my sisters sowing machine.
- Organize my picture folders. Go through all of them, delete what’s not supposed to be there and take a backup of everything.
- Organize my wardrobe.
- work out a neat way to store all my bags / purses. I guess I have something between 15 – 20 in total. Lost count. I girl can’t have enough purses, can she?
- get that shoesehelf built. Gonna do it myself with some help from my dad.
I guess that’s all I got for now. Not bad with six things on the list. Now it’s important to remember this list! Don’t be surprised if december comes and I’ve only done 1/3 of it.
Oh… and of course, I’m gonna take a ton of great pictures (even if it rains)!