Easter is coming to an end. The holiday is over and tomorrow is a working-day again. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted!
Easter for me, is not very God/Jesus-related. I’m not a Christian, so to me Easter means other things:
- time off work. I always have three days off; Munday Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Monday. It’s great with a little break from the office.
- Eggs! I always eat more eggs than normal during Easter. I always have eggs for breakfast. Medium boiled. Eat it with a spoon with a slice of bread with salted ham on. Today I had eggs and bacon for breakfast.
- Trip to Sweden. On Munday Thursday the shops are closed here in Norway, but they are open in Sweden. So I always go there. And it’s always Arvika every year. This year I overate. Oh dear, I was so full when the day was over. First we started at a cafe with some sweetbread, then we had Easter Lunch. You could eat as much as you wanted for 150 SEK or something. Buffet. Cold and hot food. It was totally yummy! Right after I went to this place and bought mashed potatoes and a weiner. Jenny’s Gatukök (“streetkitchen”). In the evening when we came home, we heated up some spareribs and ate them with white bread and some creamy potatoes.
- Seeing friends. I went to see Bjørg on saturday morning. The bus left at 09.30 and took about two hours. I stayed the night and went home yesterday evening. I had a lovely time with Bjørg. The home-made pizza we made were delish!
- Seeing family. On Good Friday my sister, Geir and my nephew came for dinner. This was at my parents house. They stayed for hours and it was so fun. It’s the third time I’m seeing Emil now. He’s still darn cute! Mum and dad made dinner. We had salmon and this special mashed potatoes using some special potatoes and wasabi-paste in it. YUMMY! It’s become one of dad’s signature dishes!
- Watching crminal shows on tv. Ah! Do I love criminal shows? Yes! There is a traditional here in Norway to read lots of criminal books and watch criminial shows during Easter. Not sure why, but it’s been like that ever since I can remember. This year I followed two shows which had three episodes each. They were both great.
So as you can see, my easter has been busy. Today I wanted to take it easy and be creative. I also wanted to do something usefull with the time I have left of this holiday. I was up early, at 09.30. So far today I’ve done laundry twice, put on the dishwasher and taken out the things when it was finished, cleaned all the surfaces in the livingroom and the bedroom.
I have a few more things on the list, but I’m not sure if they will be done today. I’ve lost some of the spark, I have to say. Right now I want to eat dinner, cos I haven’t eaten sinche breakfast. I’m starting to get hungry. I’ve just defrosted some chicken and will make something out it as soon as I’m done here.
I’ve thought about making some cards today. It came to me today that Bjørg has her birthday at the end of this months. She needs a card. And Ellen is moving into a new flat the 1st of May. She needs a new-home card. And it’s only two monts until my mum’s birthday too. I know it’s a bit early to think about, but my nephew is getting baptisted in some months too and I need a card for that too. So I have some cards to make. If I get some cards done today, I’ll post them here.